Dental Allergy

Administrator Member Since Sep 2017
Flag(0)
Patient Forum 3 Answers
Subscribe

I am a 55 year old female in good health. No medications at all. I went to the dentist to get a filling done as I have in the in the past and after I received the injection to numb my mouth-i could not breath/my blood pressure went out of control/shaking uncontrollably/i was given oxygen. What went wrong?

I am a 55 year old female in good health. No medications at all. I went to the dentist to get a filling done as I have done in the past and after I received the injection to numb my mouth, i could not breath/my blood pressure went out of control/shaking uncontrollably/i was given oxygen. What went wrong?

I think it was due to apprehension, and anxiety about the procedure you were receiving. Also,it could be an allergic reaction to the substance in the anaesthetic solution.
The main thing that causes the allergy are the preservatives that are in used in the anaesthetics. Next time you have a procedure where anaesthetic is required ensure you tell your doctor about this. It would be good to know the exact name of what they used for the local anaesthetic, because the next time they may ensure they do not use that exact one.

Few dental patients are allergic to dental materials such as latex gloves, filling material such as amalgam and anaesthetic agent. Some patients also react to penicillin-based drugs e.g amoxicilline. The outcome could be deadly if not handled with utmost care and speed .

Reply on This
Replying as Submit
1 Subscribers
Submit Answer
Please login to submit answer.

3 Answers
Best Answer
1
admin Administrator, bbp_keymaster
Flag(0)

I think it was due to apprehension, and anxiousness about the procedure you were receiving. Also, could be an allergic reaction to the substance in the anesthetic solution..
The main thing that causes the allergy are the preservatives that are in used in the anesthetics. Next time you have a procedure where anaesthetic is required ensure you tell your doctor about this. It would be good to know the exact name of what they used for the local anaesthetic, because the next time they may ensure they do not use that exact one.

Sign in to Reply
Replying as Submit
Best Answer
0
admin Administrator, bbp_keymaster
Flag(0)

I think it was due to apprehension, and anxiousness about the procedure you were receiving. Also, could be an allergic reaction to the substance in the anesthetic solution..
The main thing that causes the allergy are the preservatives that are in used in the anesthetics. Next time you have a procedure where anaesthetic is required ensure you tell your doctor about this. It would be good to know the exact name of what they used for the local anaesthetic, because the next time they may ensure they do not use that exact one.

Sign in to Reply
Replying as Submit
Best Answer
0
admin Administrator, bbp_keymaster
Flag(0)

I think it was due to apprehension, and anxiousness about the procedure you were receiving. Also, could be an allergic reaction to the substance in the anesthetic solution..
The main thing that causes the allergy are the preservatives that are in used in the anesthetics. Next time you have a procedure where anaesthetic is required ensure you tell your doctor about this. It would be good to know the exact name of what they used for the local anaesthetic, because the next time they may ensure they do not use that exact one.

Sign in to Reply
Replying as Submit